24 Apr Know how Spanish elections will affect investors and start-ups
All of the main four candidates include boosting actions in their programs. Pending approval, the foremost initiatives we can observe in the electoral programs of these political groups are the following.
Popular Party (PP):
- Tax reform in order to boost private equity and facilitate access to funding via by modifying laws concerning carried interest, venture capital, exit tax and business angels.
- To generate a “sandbox” in order to test new business models in blockchain areas.
- To create the “Startup Spain” program for boosting entrepreneurship and innovation, supporting growth and internalization of Spanish SMEs.
- To pass a new Law of Start-up Ecosystem Promotion by including new tax incentives (SEIS-UK system), a more attractive tax model for investors and regulating sandbox.
- To boost match-funding, crowdfunding, crowdlending funding models.
Socialist Party (PSOE):
- New Startup Legislation addressing a new “digital startup” legal form, allowing them to get RD tax deductions from the start. The law will also improve these incentives.
- Better tax incentives for private investors and business angels.
- To facilitate stock options, following the USA Incentive Stock Options (ISO).
- Simplify administrative burden and procedures.
- To create a Business Incubator and Accelerator State Network.
- To create a National Entrepreneurship Office and promote business angels and private equity contact events.
- To create a “Start Up 5.0” plan, that will face start-up specific needs and challenges in their maturation, funding and and connection periods.
It seems clear that, regardless of elections results and future pacts, start-ups and investors will be supported by the new Spanish Government.
All this, together with the fact that Spain is now enjoying some of the healthiest growth rates in the EU, ensures a good time for investors and start-ups.
Finanzas & I+D+i. Working together to make the Innovation of your company profitable.
H2020 | BUSINESS ADVICE | R&D FUNDING | INVESTMENT CONSULTANCY