27 Dec 2019 CEF Transport Call
The European Commission will organise an Info Day on 17 January 2019 about the 2019 CEF (Connecting Europe Facility) transport call.
Info Day will start at 10:00 and will be available via live streaming and will also be live-tweeted with the hashtag #CEFTranInfo. Registration is compulsory.
— INEA🇪🇺 (@inea_eu) 18 de diciembre de 2018
Covered issues will be policy context, 2019 CEF transport call priorities, evaluation process and award criteria, and application process.
This call will be open on 8 January 2019, deadline on 24 April 2019.
The call supports TEN-T projects in order to contribute to the achievement of transport policy objectives:
- Better interconnection of national transport networks.
- To facilitate the functioning of the internal market.
- To address climate change and transport effects to the environment.
There are two priorities of this call:
Priority #1: Projects on the Comprehensive Network (€65 million budget).
The objective is to remove bottlenecks and bridge missing links, enhance rail interoperability and improve cross-border sections. It includes:
- Works concerning cross-border infrastructure projects for railways, inland waterways and roads, as well as works concerning connections to and the development to maritime ports;
- Technical, legal or financial studies as well as the preparation of tender documentation and permission procedures (including Environmental Impact Assessment) for the construction or upgrade of such infrastructure. Such studies should concern actions for which the initial investment decision has already been taken prior to the application for CEF funding.
Priority #2: Rail Freight Noise (€35 million budget)
Funding objectives are ensuring sustainable and efficient transport systems in the long run, with a view to preparing for expected future transport flows, as well as enabling all modes of transport to be decarbonised through transition to innovative low-carbon and energy-efficient transport technologies, while optimising safety.
Actions to be selected under this priority shall concern works to reduce rail freight noise by retrofitting existing freight wagons with composite brake blocks, and where necessary due to extreme weather conditions with disc brakes
Award criteria will be relevance, maturity, impact and quality. All the projects have to comply with the following provisions of Article 7 of the TEN-T guidelines:
- Contribute to the objectives falling within at least two of the four categories set out in Article 4 of the TEN-T guidelines;
- Comply with Chapter II of the TEN-T guidelines;
- Be economically viable on the basis of a socio-economic cost-benefit analysis;
- Demonstrate European added value.
Two types of applicants can submit their proposal:
- One or more Member States
- With the agreement of the Member State(s) concerned, international organisations, joint undertakings, or public or private undertakings or bodies established in an EU Member State.
If you want to apply for this call contact Finanzas & I+D+i, we can be your administrative partner, manage your application and take charge or seeking partners for your proposal.
Finanzas & I+D+i. Working together to make the Innovation of your company profitable.
H2020 | SME INSTRUMENT | BUSINESS CONSULTANCY | R&D FUNDING